
The enclosure where the sheep were kept overnight until they were killed on Friday morning - Nov. 4th. The man in white is the butcher, and the other men are part of the family.

Skinning the kharuuf in the doorway...and then carrying it upstairs to the apartment


Skinning the kharuuf in the doorway...and then carrying it upstairs to the apartment

My lovely temporary host family at their aunt's house on Nov. 5th...they technically aren't might 'actual' temporary host family - I just slept over at their house for four nights because I know their daughters, and they live right down the street from my real temporary host family, with whom I'll be living until Monday. Both of the families are wonderful, though.
On the right...posing next to the heads of a bull and a sheep on the street in Abbasiyya, which is an older part of Cairo. In the background, there's a big metal bowl on the ground where a woman was cleaning the legs/hooves of the bull for people to eat.


No comments:
Post a Comment